Saturday, November 15, 2014

Vintage Paper Ornament Tutorial

Happy Saturday everyone.

OH YEAH, before I forget, I've just started a new Facebook page for Naysworld.  I would love it if you followed me there.  I'll be sharing tips and techniques, my works in progress or distress (lol).  I'd also like to see what your up to in your studio, so please head over there and "like" my page. On to the tutorial...

Tis the season to start making holiday cards, gifts and ornaments.  This Kissmas Girl stamp reminds me of the old hollywood - glamorous.  I thought it would be great as a holiday ornament. You can do the same with some of your stamps too.

First stamp the image twice.  One image will be colored completely with distress markers and the other image,  color the parts that will have foam tape on it for a little 3D action.


 On the parts of the image that will be used for the 3D affect, I added a little glitter on the pom pom and rim of the hat and some on the front of the blouse.
 After all of the images were colored and the glitter was dried, the images are cut out.
 Keeping with the "vintage" theme,  tarnish brass distress stain was used  to cover the tag completely and the edges were inked with black soot distress ink.


After putting foam tape on the hat and adhering it onto the image, I glued the front part of the blouse down (I did not want this popped up). Then the entire image was glued onto the tag.

 The overhang is trimmed following the shape of the tag.
 Tah Dah!!! Ready for the tree, or to add to a gift.


There's just a few of these stamps left in my Etsy Shop if your interested.  I hope you all are making good progress on your holiday crafts.  Thanks for stopping by today.


Until the next blog...enjoy!

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment