Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Feature Stamp Tuesday - Mixed Media Dolls

Todays featured stamp is Dawn (you've seen her before).  She's a cling stamp that is a replica of my hand carved stamp.  I have 3 versions of Dawn, one, under an umbrella , one, posing with her trench coat open and this one.

One of my most favorite things to do with  all of my Funky Girl stamps is to make them as  mixed media dolls and then glue them onto my project.  There's just something special about that slight 3D effect.

I start out with stamping onto a piece of watercolor paper with archival ink.  Mixed media paper is good too.  Both makes for a very sturdy  doll.



I want her coat to be one pattern and her collar to be another.

I used distress inks for skin and hair.  I re-stamped the sunglasses with clear embossing ink and used black embossing powder. I meant to put clear embossing powder over the lips but forgot.  Next, I glued down the coat and collar pieces and cut her out.


I decided not to cut the one on the left out. Once they are cut out, I go over the edges with a black sharpie.


Both Dawns are ready for the next project, no telling where they'll turn up.

Dawn is available in my Etsy shop here.  

Thanks for your visit today.  Until the next blog...enjoy!


Carol


1 comment:

  1. Dawn reminds me of a runway model, Carol. I love how changing her complexion or her wardrobe creates a whole new look! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete