Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Feature Stamp Tuesday - Peaches

Hey folks!

Today's featured stamp is from Inkadinkado, designed by Alison Jerry.  I've had this stamp for the longest time and can count on two fingers of how many times I've used it (not including this time).  It's such a sweet stamp that can be used for a "just because" occasion,   I'm so glad I re-discovered it.

I stamped and clear embossed it on watercolor paper.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Stains to paint with. First swiping the areas with water and then coming back to drop the stains in the area to create a water color effect.  Because some of the areas are pretty small, made even smaller because of the clear emboss, there was a lot of color pooling. I don't know if that is a real technical term, so I'm
claiming that it is.

Color Pooling - when paint collects in one area, creating a puddle or pool of concentrated color





When I finished painting I cut a small border around the image and mounted it with foam tape on a blue matte.  The camera doesn't pick it up, but the blue mat (and the purple mat in the bottom picture). have embossed dots on it. KA UTE!! (cute)



Not wanting to waste the left over stains, I swiped the entire card with water and then swiped the stains at a diagonal across the image.

I've got to use this stamp more often.  So whaddaya think?

Hey, thanks for your visit today, I appreciate you!!  Until the next blog...enjoy!

Carol

1 comment:

  1. You do such amazing work and, sometimes, in very unusual ways! Love both your original card and your "leftover" card. You continue to amaze and inspire me, Carol!

    ReplyDelete