Thursday, February 5, 2015

Tag Along Challenge - Rethink Gesso

It's been a while since I've participated in a challenge and when Kay Wallace invited me to this one, I couldn't resist jumping in( Thanks Kay).  So, the theme is to Rethink Gesso, and if you visited my blog recently, you'll remember I did a post on Learning to Love Gesso (you can see that here) .

 Here's an idea that didn't make it into that video.  Using gesso to stamp with.   A manilia tag was sprayed with Dylusions Pure Sunshine dye ink, then dried. Next,  I  smeared some gesso on my craft sheet and tapped my Funky Girl Driah stamp into (like it was ink) and stamped her in various places on my tag, then dried.  Using my waterbrush I brushed the clothes area with plain water and then dropped in colors for a tie dye effect.  Then just squiggled in some confetti markings and the tag was good to go.




The stamped image is raised and gives the tag a bit of texture and it's a nice bright white.  I hadn't heard of the Tag Along Challenges before, I'll have to keep an eye out, this was fun.  I hope you have time to check them out.  Click here to see what everyone is creating.  Oh and if you decide to try this technique, be sure to wash the gesso off your stamp really good right after stamping.  Don't forget the nooks and crannies

Thanks for your visit.  If you haven't already subscribed, please do so.  Until the next blog...enjoy!

Carol


3 comments:

  1. Leave it to you to come up with something even newer in the arena of gesso, Carol! You private label stamp creates a very interesting tag when combined with gesso! Thanks for coming over to The Tag Along Blog to play this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful and modern tag!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete