Sunday, May 3, 2015

What's in My Art Journal? - Mirror Mirror






Mirror mirror on the wall
 I wish I may, I wish I might
 have all the wishes I wish tonight.

This is a journal page from January 2013.  Attempting a mirror reflection, this page is full of techniques; crayon resist, lots of layering,lots of spray inks and there's some kind of shiny coating on parts of it (it may be a gel medium). It's glued to the next page so the page is thick and a bit warpy.  I love the feel of it.  I have some washi tape on the edge of the page.  My thought at the time was that I was creating the edge of a door that the woman was standing in front of.  And you, the viewer, is peeking in.


It's important for me to look back on my work, not just to see how I've developed artistically, but also for inspiration.  Is there a page in your journal you always go back to?  Or do you re visit your work or just move on? I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks for your visit, until the next blog...enjoy!

Carol

1 comment:

  1. Love your mirrored art today, Carol! Beautifully done. You have captured more than just an image here!

    ReplyDelete