Sunday, November 8, 2015

What's in my art journal? - The Fastest Book Ever Made

Hey folks,



Hope everyone is doing well.  I'm having a fantastic weekend so far.  I've mentioned before that  I'm preparing for my first "show".  It's going to be on Sunday, Nov. 15th. at the Living Museum in Newport News, VA  from 7pm to 11pm.  It's called the The Arts (click on the link and check it out).  This venue will be the first of it's kind, at least around here.  I'm not sure if my art is exactly right for this venue, but they accepted my money to have a table there and so there I will go.  I think it will be a wonderful opportunity not only to meet new artist in the community but to get some exposure and just an all around good test run on being a vendor.

So, one of the things I wanted to work on was a quick book that people could flip through to see all of the stamps I have available for art journaling and card making.  Even though the stamps will be on the table, I think it helps to see a stamp used in some way.

Joann Fabric's crazy clearance bin had this cute mini album with the heart cut out, for a couple of bucks.  All of the pages are patterned in either black, black and white or grey.  There are a few pages with pockets, and some with phrases written on it.  It also came with strips of washi tape, stickers and cute embellishments.



I only used three of the stickers and my own washi tape.  I stamped out all of my stamps on cheap cardstock and cut them out, using washi tape to stick them down.  Then I used a strip of white artist tape to write the name of the stamp and the price.  The washi tape will allow me to quickly replace a picture.

For the cover, I used these cute thick cardboard alphabet stickers, also from Joann's (a 50 cent score). The cover really should read without an "S" on the end of Girls but I added the word "Stamps" as an afterthought and the letters were already  glued down.  But anyway, doesn't that cute cut out frame my first stamp perfectly?

Here are a couple more pages:









This was the fastest book I've ever put together (under 30min).  I think this post took longer to write. LOL!!  But now I have a lil stamp portfolio to take along with me.  I'm thinking I may go back and get a couple of the other ones with different shape cut out covers.  They would be great as gifts and to make quick mini scrapbooks.

Thanks for stopping by.  Leave me a comment to let me know you where here.

Until the next blog...enjoy

Carol

1 comment:

  1. I wish you well this weekend, Carol. Very clever to have your stamps showcased in a work of art!

    ReplyDelete