Sunday, July 17, 2016

What's in my art journal? Napkin sketch

Hey folks!


Today's share is a couple years old.  i was on an airplane, coming back from California and started sketching my version of this Stephen King book cover, Joyland, on a napkin.



This is the cover.




My version: I chose a page with a background already started and glued the napkin down.  Then I outlined everything with a liner marker.  The hand on the tree could have used more work. LOL.

 I enjoyed the book so much that I went on to create two more pages(in a larger journal) of how I thought these two characters looked.  I may have posted these two before.  I apologize for the repeat if I have.



This is Madame Fortana



This is Annie

If your a Stephen King fan, you may enjoy this book.  It's not one of his typical "horror" stories, I'd say it's more suspenseful instead.  Thanks for your visit today.  Until the next blog...enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment