Sunday, September 25, 2016

What's in my art journal? Unbuckle Those Pages!

Here's a quick post on how to unbuckle your art journal pages.  You know, sometimes they can get pretty warped from all the wet media you use on them.  Here's a perfect example.   Using some gel medium, I glued tissue paper down on one of my pages. When I came back a few hours later the page had curled under itself ( I didn't take a picture of that).  I straighten the page as best I could and closed the journal.  This morning, it still wasn't as smooth as I wanted it.



So here's what you do.  Spray the back of the page with water and let it set for 30 seconds.  Then wipe the water off and put a piece of wax paper on top of the wet page, close the book and put something on top to weigh it down.  An hour later the page is straight and smoothed out.




(I've got a book and a box on top of the journal)




....note:  this method only works with paper that doesn't bleed through.  I'm working in the Dylusions art journal.  And of course if you have artwork on the backside side you won't be able to use this method.  Hope this helps you unbuckle some of your pages.


Thanks for checking in.  Until the next blog...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment