Sunday, February 1, 2015

What's in My Art Journal? Using Multiple Stencils

When I was a teenager, one of my brothers introduced me to the music of Jimi Hendrix! And I've been fascinated ever since.  So I have this Jimi Hendrix art journal page that I was trying to create. The facial features were all wrong, the background was wrong.  A horrible page really.  In a separate project, I was playing with stencils and overlaying one over another to create some interesting patterns.  With the excess ink from the stencils, I used it to start covering up my Jimi Hendrix page.  Which I've now titled (appropriately) Purple Haze.



Here's a quick video on using multiple stencils.



I'm dedicating this page to all of my brothers (there's 5 of them), who are all fabulous musicians. They continue to inspire me and introduce me to worlds of music.

Oh yeah, don't forget the My Color is Beautiful Art workshop starts tomorrow, I'll be teaching a basic stamp carving class.  There are 8 instructors all together, teaching some creative goodness.  To register click on the the My Color is Beautiful Art button on the right side of the screen.

I'd appreciate if you'd follow this blog and my facebook page, Nays World.  Thanks for todays visit.

Until the next blog...enjoy!

Carol

1 comment:

  1. How brilliantly clever, Carol! This is now a "must try" for me!

    ReplyDelete