Sunday, October 4, 2015

What's in my art journal? - Roy Bear

Playing in my art journal last night, I was able to scratch this idea out:  After trying on many many masks, Roy Bear, finally settled on one for Halloween.



I scanned him into the computer, resized and printed him on a tag.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks to color Roy.  Then I painted Faber Castell Glaze over him. This allowed me to work on the background without disturbing the image. (psst! this is glaze is wonderful!)  Once dry, I created the background with more of TH inks.   I love seeing how my sketches look with color.  I don't know if I'll go any further with this sketch but it was fun to create.



Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you are all safe from the effects of hurricane Joaquin.
Until the next blog...enjoy!

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment