Monday, February 1, 2016

What's in my art journal? Going beyond the pages...again!

Ok, so I've said it before, I'm a big believer in re-using my art images over and over.  What can I say? I like what I like.  Lol! Why restrict art journal pages just to the art journal when they can be printed on greeting cards, t-shirts, tote bags, well you get the picture.

 I've been trying to catch up on some scrapbooking here lately and what better place to use an art journal page.  I've featured this page before, with the image of my son through the window.




I printed this art journal page on a piece of 4x6 photo paper(matte finish, actually it looks likes its less than a matte finish if that's possible).  Then I choose a sheet of 12x12 from The Heirloom Stack by DCWV.  What's nice about this pad of paper is that there are a few sheets that are already started for you with digital images as well as other pages with different elements you can cut out to add to your page.  With the majority of the page already done for me, I only needed to add just a few items.  You may spy a tiny strip of Tim Holtz film strip on this page.


The picture of the art journal page looks like my son is leaning against a graffiti wall.  This picture is from our California vacation in 2014, my, how he has grown from the picture of him above. He can be such a comedian, I love to hear him laugh...best sound in the world.






I hope this layout inspires you to think of using your art in a different way.  I appreciate your visit today.  Until the next blog...enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I haven't done any scrapbooking in a long while, Carol, but this layout may have just motivated me to begin again! I have that same stack (and, therefore, that very paper) and love stealing pages from it to use in my art journaling, too. Perfect to have used the Son and Moon stamp through the window. My, how your son has grown! Massive biceps! Don't tell him this old lady noticed! hehe

    ReplyDelete