Sunday, July 10, 2016

What's in my art journal? Lil tea pot




A few weeks ago I posted this picture on Instagram of my tissue wrapped tea pot.  I think it's the cutest lil thing and I wanted it captured in my art journal.



I took a picture of it, added a filter and printed it out in black and white on regular paper.  I glued it to a  piece of chip board and cut it out after it dried.






Next, I rubbed Tim Holtz Distress Glaze over the entire tea pot (trust, you need this in your supply stash).  Then I used Tim Holtz Distress Crayons for color.  The glaze makes the crayons super easy to smudge.  Without it I would not have been able to achieve the same effects. I smudged the crayons with my fingers and didn't use any water.




This old journal page makes a good backdrop for my lil tea pot, don't you think?



Thanks for today's visit.  If your not following me already, I sure would like you to.  You can find me in these corners:

Twitter:  @naysworld8
Instagram: @naysworld8
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/Nays-World-309068689276891/

Until the next blog...enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You are the artist's artist, Carol! I love your teapot both IRL and in this rendition.

    ReplyDelete