Sunday, January 28, 2018

Card Demo - My Marilyn

Hello everyone,



I hope your new year is off to a good start.  I've been enjoying some new year creativity.  I've been doing a lot of re-organizing in my craft room and for my online business Nays World.  Lots of changes for Nays World, more on that in another post.

I'm constantly searching the internet for pictures of people to use as a reference and I came across this beautiful picture of Marilyn Monroe, well what picture wasn't beautiful? Anyway, I drew this horrible sketch of it. I thought there were some parts that were salvageable so I worked on it in a graphic program (GIMP).  After cropping, stretching, re-shaping, and re-sizing, I came up with my version of Marilyn. The shirt is not quite like the form fitting one she wore, but I still love it.

The real fun began when I started playing with skin tones and having my Cricut cut her out in various sizes. I like  cutting out patterned paper for clothes and piecing them together.  I usually make a demo card to see how the image looks on a card, then I have to make a journal page or 3, and so on. Sometimes I give these demo cards away as freebies with my Etsy orders.





On this one, I picked up the wrong color for the skin tone and it ended up being my favorite.





Thanks for your visit today.  Until the next blog...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment