Wednesday, April 2, 2014

To Selfie or not to Selfie..

...ah what a question.  I'm one of those people who never really likes they way they look in photos.  I have taken selfies on occasion but I don't think that I've ever posted that selfie anywhere.  And I'm sure I've deleted it right away. I think the selfie takers of the world are bold and confident and I'm amazed at how any environment appears to be the right one for a selfie photo.  In a way, I would guess that a selfie is sorta a visual diary of "what I'm doing right now". 

This past weekend I carved a stamp of me taking a selfie.  I thought I would poke fun at taking selfies (please no one get offended its just for fun) and post an art journal page randomly throughout the month of April using this stamp.

First up, The dance recital.  This was a real event, though I was  not the one taking a selfie.  I thought it was interesting that the selfie needed to be taken as the dancers where dancing, maybe that was the point.




I used Heidi Swapp Color Shine sprays and Tim Holtz distress markers.  The color shine has a such a cool effect, the picture doesn't really capture this.  I'm loving my "crowd of people" stamp. :)

How bout you, are you a selfie taker?

Until the next blog, enjoy.

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment