Sunday, May 17, 2015

What's in My Art Journal? - Sketches

Well hello there!

I've missed a couple of regular postings due to feeling under the weather for awhile.  I'm starting to feel human again, so here I am, whew!

I was flipping through my sketch book for some inspiration and came across these pages.  I tend to doodle a bunch of images on one page, sometimes those doodles are just random faces or I'm practicing an expression.  Sometimes the doodles become rubber or digital stamps and sometimes the doodles looks like a scene when they really have nothing to do with each other.

I used a grease pencil for this sketch.  (Note to self:  never again.)  You can see that some of the right page has rubbed off onto the left page, creating a ghost image.



I'm thinking I'm going to do something with the lady with headphones.  What inspires you?  Do you keep a stash of images or is it a variety of things?

Time for some meds and it's back to slumber land for me.  Thanks for stopping by today, as always, I appreciate your visit.

Until the next blog...enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I so admire anyone that can draw faces, and you seem to be very, very good at it, Carol! I love how you capture bits of personality in your work--even when you are just doodling! I know you didn't espect that "rub off," but I really like it!

    ReplyDelete