Wednesday, August 12, 2015

At Play

You know how it is, you start out with one idea and end up with another.  I started out with this drawing of a woman on roller skates.  I was thinking "Roller Derby" But the helmet looked more like a welding helmet so, I worked on the helmet more and put a doo hickie (technical term) in her hand like she was welding.





Trying to protect the drawing while I added a background, I put some Tim Holtz Distress Micro Glaze over the drawing.  This glaze smudged the drawing somewhat but not too much.




Then I sprayed some Dylusions spray for the background.  The glaze created a resist for the spray.  Notice on the close up around the drawing.


A few quick swipes with pencil to create a wall and ceiling and I called it done.  This glaze is amazing.  A dab will do.


Welding on skates! Hmmm, could be fun.  That's it for me.  Thanks for coming by.  Until the next blog...enjoy!!


Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment