Sunday, August 23, 2015

What's in my art journal? One Sick Lizard

Hey folks!

In last weeks post (a video) you got a glimpse  of this page and last night I finished it.  I glued several pages together, careful not to put any glue in the center of the pages.  Once dry, I cut out the center and then glued two more pages to the back of those.  The end results is this little recessed area.  (to create a deeper area I would need to use more pages)







Next, I glued some scrapbook paper on the inside of the inset area.  The cut out lizard comes from a school folder my son had.  I couldn't bare to throw him away when my son didn't want the folder anymore.  So in goes the lizard along with some strawberries.  Looks like the poor thing ate too many.

This page sparked an idea of buying some used books and making deeper pockets to create scenes in.  Yeah, I know, it's not an original idea.  However, I'll be sure to post it if I follow through on that. But for now, thank you so much for your visit.  Hope you come again.

Until the next blog...enjoy!

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment