Sunday, February 21, 2016

Scrapbooking with a side of fun

...make that a lot of fun!


 I hosted a small crop party last night with family and friends. I instructed everyone to bring at least 6 photos and anything else that they wanted to bring.   Paper, stickers and other embellishments were provided.  As well as the use of Cricut and Sizzix Big Kick machine for die cutting.

Though they teased me about it, at the start, I gave them all a sheet titled Scrapbooking 101, that listed tips, tools, and a couple of websites for their future use. For the first round I had prepared kits for their first page that included a copy of a sketch (thank you Pinterest), paper and all the cut out elements needed for the page and protective sleeve, All that was needed were the photos.  They could either follow the sketch or alter it as they saw fit.  The second round was a free for all.  A third round eventually came around.  We cropped out around 1 this morning (we started at 1 Saturday afternoon).  The entire time was filled with "ooh's" and "ah's" at everyone's memories and layouts.  Of course laughter and teasing filled the air the entire time.

Overall, I think some may have been surprised at how creative they could be.  My girls are talented, take a look.












Two of our youngest, age 6 (with a lil help), are on their way to being scrapbook queens! Great job girls!



Thanks for stopping by.  Until the next blog...enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Seeing the layouts created by your students (aka family and friends) makes me yearn to do a bit of scrapbooking again. I thought that style of art was behind me as I mostly do art journaling and cardmaking these days, but this just reminds me of how fulfilling creating layouts can be! I'll bet your girls will be looking for Round #2 of scrapbooking, Carol! Ha!

    ReplyDelete