Sunday, February 28, 2016

What's in my art journal? New Funky Girl Jennifer!

Hello everyone!



I'm so happy to introduce new Funky Girl, Jennifer to you (stamp coming soon).  Whenever I create a new person, I'm excited to try it out in various ways.  The picture above was printed on 90lb water color paper and colored with Tim Holtz Distress Markers before cutting it out.

My small art journal works best for this image size (4.5 in tall).  Wanting this page to be simple, I selected a page that already had distress stain, peacock feathers on it.



Then using the same color and distress ink, I stamped the ruler down to ground her and inked the stencil behind her.  If I find a perfect quote for this page, I'll add it.  For now, I'm calling it down.



Going for a grungier look, I printed Jennifer out on a tag, to color, stamp and smudge inks and stains on.



 I achieved the look I was going for but noticed that the tag (by Ranger) adsorbed a lot of the ink and stain, so it was more difficult to move the color around.  There also was a lot more warping on this tag.  I've noticed this happening with all of the tags from this pack.  Normally I can really abuse a tag with medium and the tag holds up.   I'm wondering if Ranger has changed the way the tags are made or if I have a bum pack.  Has anyone else experienced this?

That's going to do it for me today.  I'll let you know when Jennifer is in my Etsy shop.  In the meantime, I'll keep playing with her.  Thanks for today's visit.  Until the next blog...enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Just love Jennifer! She is on my "must have" list! She remains the same, but her versatility is definitely showing!! Do let me know when she is available!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, she's been a lot of fun. I'll keep you posted.

      Delete