Sunday, March 20, 2016

Stamp videos for you

Hello,


Today I am sharing two videos about stamps.  Michaels craft store has some wonderful small intricate wooden embellishments.  I thought they would make great stamps.  Check out the video to see how I did it.



This next video is showcasing my new quarter repeat stamp, Round n Round.  Look how easy it is to use and how beautiful the finished design is.


And this, is just a funny share:  I had the brilliant idea of taking some Dylusions paint and put it in one of my fillable paint pens.  The fun(I'm being sarcastic here) began with me emptying the contents of the pen down the drain along with the lil mixing ball that was in the pen that I forgot about.  Ok, no problem.  Next, as I'm taking the nib mechanism apart to clean it, part of it fell down the drain!!! I immediately grabbed the flashlight to see if it was visible and it was floating about 12 inches down in the drain.  Now I'm a bit of a hoarder when it comes to odds and ends of craft stuff.  I have a 12 inch thin plastic tube ( I believe it came from this really unique candy sucker) that I taped on the outside of a thimble with some duck tape.  Can you believe after 15 minutes of dunking (more like dunking for apples) I was able to fish that piece out! I was so excited.  I went on to fill the pen up with Dylusions White Linen paint, which is not easy to fill btw, The pen works pretty good, though it's not as vibrant as when your painting with it. The paint is a little too thick I'm guessing. That mixing ball may have come in handy.   Nice try though, it will be great for writing in my art journals.


 and I'm keeping my little thimble fishing stick.  Who knows when I'll need to fish something else out of the drain like a toothpaste cap or something.

MacGyver would be proud of me!

I'm amazed that I actually got it!

That's it for me today.  Thank you for you visit.  Until the next blog...enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You are absolutely too funny. I would have given up the rescue long before that 15-minute mark, Carol! Your story did give me a chuckle, however. I love your videos and these two are no exception. Love the one about the wood chips we all have (somewhere) in our stash! Your "quarter round" (what I have decided to call it) is really quite interesting. I will need to watch that video again and then likely again. hehe

    ReplyDelete