Sunday, August 14, 2016

What's in my art journal? A Mothers Moment or Nah?



I believe every parent can relate to this post.  Finally! the kids are sleep and you have a peaceful moment to yourself.....Nope!

This started out as a sketch in my sketchbook.  If you look closely, you can see various other sketch attempts on this page.  I liked it so much, I had to put it in my art journal.  I scanned the sketch and printed it on a sheet of watercolor paper.



I used Tim Holtz distress stains and dyes along with some stencils to complete the page.  I added the page to my art journal using washi tape (on front and back).  The majority of the washi tape you see extending over to the next page will be covered up with gesso ( when I decide to create on that page).  So all you'll see will be the thin edge of the washi tape.







This page cracks me up.  One of my sons constantly wore costumes outside and around the house.  I loved that about his spirit.  When it was time for bed, he'd immediately go to sleep and stay sleep.  My other kids, not so lucky, constantly up through out the night.  They are still that way today, except for the wearing of the costumes.  Thanks for swinging by, I hope you enjoy the rest of your day. Until the next blog...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment