Sunday, April 30, 2017

What's in my art journal? We Giants







I'm preparing to teach a live art journal workshop locally and I've been having a lot of fun playing in the handmade journal that we'll make in that workshop.

If you get struck by the dreaded "blank page", tear out a scene from a magazine or in this case a coloring book and build your page from there.  I have a couple of stamps with the figure in a sitting position and I like plopping them on top of all kinds of objects.

This hand carved Funky Girl stamp is so appropriate for my vision on this page.

The page already had a light wash of color on it.  After gluing the scene down and adding my stamp image on top, I brushed clear gesso over them both.  The gesso allows me to add a wash of color over the images, otherwise the paper would just absorb the wash without being able to blend it.

The words at the top are washi tape from Tim Holtz  and I cut the bottom letters out from a magazine.
We giants, we are so much more than we allow ourselves to believe or imagine.



I appreciate your visit today, thanks for stopping by.  Until the next blog...enjoy!

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment