Sunday, May 7, 2017

What's in my art journal? Thoughts and Theories





Hello everyone,

I'm really really enjoying where some of my art journal pages are taking me.  I'm trying on some different styles and loving it.  Maannnn, if you want to unlock some creativity....try something different.  So now, I'm on a personal quest to try something different at least once a month.  I can't wait to see where that takes me in life.

But on to the art journal page, I have tons of brand name products and they are all wonderful, however, A brand name product is sooo not necessary.  A "GOOD" product IS necessary.  On a trip to the dollar store I picked up some washable markers.  Using them as I would distress markers, I scribbled them on a sheet of plastic, added water, dribbled, flicked, and splattered the color on my two page spread.  The shape of one of the drippings looked like a figure, so I outlined it with a fine black marker.  Then I added some zig zag stitches with my sewing machine along the corners, leaving thread tails. In the left corner, is piece of tissue wrap.  The chip board words are perfect for this page, reflecting how I was feeling.

Because the markers are "washable" you can literally blend it out until it's gone.  You, also, can achieve a lot of the different effects with them, much like the distress markers.  The page is so different from what I normally would create.  I love the simplicity of it and how the point of it is so clear.

I encourage you to go out and buy some cheap products, good products, different products, and try something different. Be open to the process,  I guarantee you will have fun! I'd love to hear about what you've tried and to see your projects.

Thanks for stopping by.  Until the next blog...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment