Sunday, August 13, 2017

What's in my art journal? Old problem, New Stencil



Stencil & Mask



I've got a nice little stack of handcut stencils that's continuing to grow.  Ever since I bought the Cricut Explore Air, I've been trying to cut these puppies on it, its definitely been an art tantrum kinda thing.

 Let me back track and say I've fallen in and out of love with this Cricut Explore and I miss my Cricut Expression (WE had and understanding!).  I've had tons of technical issues with this Explore and cutting stencils were a hit and miss thing, mostly miss.  Now with the new design space, I'm in love again.  However, I'm still having a problem with scanning my images for cutting.  No matter how much I clean my scanning surface, there's always these invisible specks that get pick up on the image that the software wants to cut out.  It's so frustrating.  Please if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear it.

Any who, I was able to cut several stencils last night, specks and all, and this one is going to be a lot of fun.  All that to say this, here's what I've done with it so far.  Warning, you'll probably see this stencil a lot!

This is using the mask






This is using the stencil


And this is Tiger (AKA Kitty), my grandcat,  he spell checked this blog for me....thank you Tiger.



And thank YOU for stopping by, every visit is appreciated.  Until the next blog...enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful jazzy stencil. Great use of it to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this stencil and its versatility! It is amazing to me that the stencil can either be facing you or away from you. Best of luck with that new technology! You are a braver woman than I!

    ReplyDelete