Sunday, October 22, 2017

What's in my Art Journal? - Inktober 2 week recap




Hello,


So, here’s a recap of what I’ve been doing for Inktober since my last post.  I’m really enjoying this challenge and I dedicate just an hour a night for this.  During the hour I decide what I’m drawing and look at any reference(s) if I need it. Again, I'm using (mostly) the prompts that Jake Parker (Creator of Inktober) has on his site.  You can find that list here.  

As you can see from these drawing and past drawings that I have a couple of different styles.  The styles waver between doodles and more defined drawings.  I was going to use this challenge to do more defined drawings, however, those take more time for me and my evening time is limited. Since all of my drawings begins with doodling first anyway,  I’ve decided that the Inktober drawings would all be doodles.  Remember Harold and the purple crayon?  That’s me, I doodle on EVERYTHING. It’s such a loose process, I love it.

Anyway, here are my Inktober doodles:

Prompt 8 - Crooked - This made me think of the crooked man that walked a crooked mile, etc. etc. 



9 - Screech - I didn't watch the show Saved By the Bell, but one of the characters in that show was called Screech.  This is Screech umm screeching



10 - Giganic - James and the Giant Peach.  The think about ink is that if you make a mistake your just stuck with it.  I have shadows in all the wrong places here.I 


12 - Random doodle - I attended a Payroll Conference for a few days and drew what was on my table (I skipped 11




13 - Random doodle -  Still at the conference


14 - Random doodle - Leaving the conference


15 -  Mysterious - I ended up not posting this because it was more weird than mysterious.  Looks interesting upside down though.  



16 - Fat - I usually get a fat lip when I'm having an allergic reaction to something I've eaten, among other symptoms..ugh!

17- Graceful - This is actually a remake of an older drawing.  Sometimes you've just gotta dive into your drink.


18 - Filthy -  I don't care if there is nothing in the toilet, I hate when this happens

19 - Cloud - Who doesn't like looking at the clouds and finding shapes within them.  This first one I didn't post, I thought it might be perceived as creepy or inappropriate, so I posted the next one instead.




20 - Deep - Just a picture in a word



21 - Furious - so much that he hit the ceiling.


So that's what I've done so far, thanks for taking the time to stop by.  I appreciate your visit.

Until the next blog...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment