Sunday, October 8, 2017

What's in my art journal? Inktober Recap

Hey you!



Hope your all enjoying your weekend.  I decided that I would participate in Inktober this year.  For those who don't know, Jake Parker (an amazing illustrator) started Inktober in October 2009 as a way to improve his skills as an artist by drawing in ink everyday for the month of October. The rest is history.  If you'd like more info or  to participate, here is the link to his website.  The rules are simple, draw something in ink , tag it #inktober, #inktober2017, @jakeparker, @inktober,  post it.  He has a list of daily prompts that you can follow or simply do your on thang. 

I'm going by the prompt list because I can interpret the prompts how I want. I've really been enjoying it because it's been challenging me to draw things I normally would not draw AND I'm sure my drawing skills will be better by the end of this challenge.  Also, I'm using different ink pens to see how they really work.  Even if you don't participate, check out the ink work that artist are posting by looking up those hashtags on social media.


Day 1 - Swift - I rarely draw animals so I went with the Swift bird


Day 2 - Divided - Clearly I'm thinking of emotions here and I'm trying to be clever.


Day 3 - Poison - Here I realized ink is unforgiving and every mark counts


Day 4 - Underwater - drawing bodies are very challenging for me and I don't draw enough men in my life! This guy represents me...I don't go underwater so he's just pointing to where underwater is.


Day 5  - Long - So I've been dealing with should bursitis all week and this was a painful day in which the drawing and the ink would not come together.  I posted even though I don't like it.....it's about the process right?


Day 6 - Sword - I love the story of the Sword in the Stone.  But what if everything is not quite like it seems.  Take a close look.


Day 7 - Shy - I have the cutest reference picture of this little girl that I've been trying to draw for the longest time.  I'm never close to capturing it the way I want.  This is the closest I've ever come to it....her as a grown up. LOL



If you haven't noticed, I'm doing very little shading, cause I'm SCARED.  As I continue to learn about these inks, there will be more shading (fingers crossed) I hope you get a chance to check out Inktober there is a ton of incredible artwork out there.  Thanks for your visit today.

Until the next blog...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment