Sunday, July 12, 2015

What's in my art journal? - From Masking tape to Washi Tape



Well I'm still organizing my studio and finding a place for everything.  The art journals still seem to be missing, they must have run off with the washi tape, cause I can't find that either.  anxious to play, I decided to whip up a few strips of home made washi tape, using my masking tape. This tag that I made will find a home in one of my journals, as soon as I find one of them.   Check out this video to see how I did it.



Technically, REAL washi tape is made out of natural fibers, so, I guess this would be considered a knock off.  But, oh, the possibilities are endless.  I've made these knock offs out of strips of paper with adhesive on the back and from strips of gelli plate prints.  FYI, the paper that you use underneath your projects to catch all your inks, dyes and sprays is perfect to cut into washi tape strips.  Let me know if you try it.

Your visit today, is truly appreciated.  Until the next blog...enjoy!


p.s.  FOUND THEM!!
Carol

1 comment:

  1. I love all the colors in the "washi" tape you made. Great job. Love the tag of course...I love FANCY tags!

    ReplyDelete