Sunday, July 19, 2015

What's in my art journal? - Starter pages

Hey folks,

I know that for some a blank page can be a bit intimidating.  Depending on your style, you may want to consider just starting pages when your working on other projects.  Eventually, you will comeback to finish these pages.  My style generally has a lot of layers involved.  Sometimes I do all the layers in one session and a lot of the times the layers are done over time, so when I'm ready to actually complete a page, the background has either been started or is finished.  Here's some examples:


When I'm working on other projects I like to use journal pages to mop up excess ink from stencils or to clean my stamps off on. This is a really nice start.


As you can see on the right side there is some dyes from another project.  Then, while having a pity party, I drew this woman opening up a Box - O - Regrets (long story).  The pity party is over (thank god!) and I'll be covering up this drawing, or at least most of it.  I do like it when whatever is underneath peeks through.





The page on the right is a piece of cardstock that I was testing a handmade stencil on. Then later use it underneath a project that I was stamping on.  I fell in love with this unexpected page and taped it in my art journal with some washi tape.  The page on the left was used for wiping off another stencil and I cleaned my brayer off on it.  



On the left is the backside of the that piece of cardstock.  And on the right, again, is more stencil testing and excess stencil ink.


 So there you have it.  These are all wonderful pages to start on when I'm stuck for ideas, I highly recommend doing something like this if you love layers and sometimes have a hard time getting started because that blank page is staring at you.

I loved your visit today and love your comments even more.  Drop me a line to let me know you were here.  And if you haven't already, hit that subscribe button.

Until the next blog...enjoy!

Carol


No comments:

Post a Comment