Sunday, May 22, 2016

What's in my art journal? Silhouette Fred






Ok, so I bought Dyan Reavely's Silhouette Fred Stencil.  I wasn't sure if I was suppose to cut out the mask or not.  I tried spraying ink on it and it left the faintest ink outline.  So I decided to cut it out.



When I'm working on a page I don't always know that I'm going to post it, so I don't have a picture of the page as I began.  It's a page in my small Strathmore Mixed Media journal that already had a background on it, all I needed was the focal point.  


Here I'm using the stencil to put down an area of color (Dylusions Lemon Zest)


Next I used the mask to do the outline .


Then with a fine tip marker, I quickly sketched in an outfit.  I goofed on the facial features and decided to use a magazine cut out instead.  Which I liked soooooo much better anyway.


....and that's a wrap! I love this expression. For some reason, I love expressions like this.  If I find a word, quote or phrase to use, I may add it later.  For now, he cracks me up as is.

Thanks for stopping by.  Until the next blog....enjoy!


Carol


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love Fred! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, this is going to be a fun stencil to use.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Linda, this is going to be a fun stencil to use.

      Delete