Sunday, June 5, 2016

What's in my art journal?

Hello,



Hope everyone has been enjoying their weekend.  It's Greek Festival time around here and I've gone twice so far, the food is soooo delicious!

Anywho, I started with this page that I was never in love with.  It's a couple years old and is collaged with scrap paper and gesso on top.  I wanted to use my handcarved fairy stamp and thought this may be a good home for it.




I cut out the butterfly wings from this sheet in the La Bella Rouge Stacks (By DCWV), Then using various scraps of paper from the same pad, stamped and cut out the dress, dress ruffle and boots.  I stamped the entire image on a piece of cardstock and colored the skin, hair and mushroom with copics and cut it out.  Then I glued down the dress, dress ruffle and boots.  I glued the wings on the journal page then glued the fairy on top.  I added silver stickles here and there for fairy dust.





Even though the left wing has more flourish to it than the right, I think it still works.  I love her red boots.  I'm a sucker for big clunky boots on my figures.



That's it for me today.  I think I may head over to the Greek Festival AGAIN (today is the last day), they sell these delicious almond cookies that are calling my name.

Thanks for your visit today.  Until the next blog...OPA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment